Members of Parliament (MPs) are elected to the House of Commons to represent the interests of all the people who live in their constituency. MPs can assist their constituents in a variety of ways, from making private enquiries on your behalf, to raising matters publicly in Parliament. MPs can only raise concerns on behalf of their own constituents.

Robin has dedicated teams situated in both Worcester and Westminster to handle a plethora of issues and/or enquiries from constituents. The Westminster Office leads on issues pertaining to a national policy, so if your enquiry or concern is focused around Government activity in Westminster, they are best placed to assist you. The Constituency Office contains experienced caseworkers who can offer advice or take up concerns which are affecting individual constituents, such as benefit claims, housing issues or visa applications. For example, if a constituent is struggling with a benefit claim, caseworkers can make representations on your behalf to the Department for Work and Pensions to investigate your situation and provide expert, tailored advice. Sometimes it is not possible to offer direct assistance, but constituents can be signposted to other organisations who are better placed to help – such as specific advice organisations or support groups.

MPs can help with most matters for which Parliament is directly responsible for, which can include benefits, pensions, National Insurance, and other matters dealt with by the Department for Work and Pensions; immigration and other problems dealt with by the Home Office; tax issues involving HM Revenue and Customs; the NHS; Child Maintenance Service.

MPs can also make representations on behalf of constituent on issues which are responsibility of local authorities. Worcestershire County Council manage services including schools, social services, strategic planning matters, highways, refuse and waste disposal sites, museums and libraries and the City Council manages services including town planning, environmental health, housing, benefits, council tax collection, refuse collection and leisure facilities.

If your concern or enquiry is on behalf of a friend or relative, please be aware that for data protection reasons MPs cannot act on behalf of constituents without their permission. Usually, it would be best for the person affected to make direct contact, but if that is not possible please contact the Constituency Office and they will be able to advise on how to proceed.

To get in touch with Robin, feel free to use the contact form on this website or email The Westminster Office can be contacted on 0207 219 7196 or by writing to the House of Commons, London, SW1 0AA. The Constituency Office can be reached on 01905 22401 or by writing to the Office of Robin Walker MP, The Guildhall, High Street, Worcester, WR1 2EY. Please make sure to include your name and address in any communication.