This privacy notice relates to the personal data processed by the office of Robin Walker MP, Member of Parliament for Worcester, in relation to casework and policy queries. All data is collected in line with the requirements of the GDPR.

Who is the data controller?

The Data Controller is Robin Walker MP, Member of Parliament for Worcester.

What data is being collected and how it is being processed?

The office discharges the duties and functions of a Member of Parliament. We process personal data to conduct constituency casework and respond to policy queries.

The office of Robin Walker MP will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (DPA).

This includes:

  • Names, addresses and email addresses
  • Telephone numbers
  • National Insurance Numbers, Passport Numbers
  • Special category data as permitted in clauses 23 and 24 of the Data Protection Act
  • Other personal data provided to use by the constituents

What is the legal basis for processing the data?

We process constituents’ data under the lawful basis of ‘a task carried out in the public interest’. In instances where this lawful basis is not sufficient and explicit consent is required, a member of the office will contact you to establish your consent.

Will my data be shared with any anyone else?

If you have contacted the office regarding a casework or policy issue we may pass on information to a third party such as a local authority, government departments, government agencies, public bodies. Any third parties we share your data with are obliged to keep your details secure and only use them for the basis upon they were originally intended. We advise you to consult the privacy notices of the respective third parties to understand how they are processing your data. If we wish to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.

If we wish to pass your special categories of personal data to a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.

Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.

Data may also be shared with entities of Political Party associations, federations, branches, groups and affiliates in order to assist you or maintain contact with you in support of democratic engagement.

Your personal data is only used as outlined here and within your reasonable expectations based on the nature of the communication, and recognising the need of politically related engagement in wider support of democratic engagement.

How long will my data be stored for?

We will endeavour to keep your information secure, accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.

The office of Robin Walker MP is required to retain information in accordance with the law. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual needs.

The office finds it relevant to hold information and a record of actions taken for the duration of the Member’s time in parliament unless specifically requested otherwise. Our office will retain the information until Robin Walker MP ceases to be the Member of Parliament for Worcester.

What rights do I have to my personal data?

You have the following rights:

  • Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
  • Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
  • Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
  • Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
  • Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
  • Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
  • Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
  • Right to judicial review: in the event that Robin Walker MP refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain.

The exercise of these rights is subject to exceptions provided in GDPR and DPA.

How can I exercise my rights to my personal data?

At your request, the office of Robin Walker MP can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If the office of Robin Walker MP does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information: Our identity and the contact details can be found at the bottom of this page.

  • The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
  • If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of the office of Robin Walker MP or a third party, information about those interests.
  • The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
  • Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
  • If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
  • How long the data will be stored.
  • Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
  • Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
  • How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
  • Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
  • The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
  • Any details and information about automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.

If you would like to exercise your rights in this way you can contact the office using the details below.

The office of Robin Walker MP will ask for one of the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested.

Passport, driving license, birth certificate, utility bill (from the last 3 months).

How can I raise a complaint?

If you would like to make a complaint on how your data is being processed by the office Robin Walker MP or third parties referenced above you can lodge a complaint with Robin Walker MP or the supervisory authority.

Our details are:

Robin Walker MP
House of Commons

0207 219 7196

The supervisory authority’s details are

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

01625 545 745